I’ve always been a big fan of lists. Exercise lists. Reading lists. Goal lists. To-do lists.
When I got pregnant I panicked that in nine months I might not be able to make lists anymore. Even as I write it, I can hear how crazy that sounds. Of course I will make lists!! It’s just the items on them will likely change. They won’t be all about me. Or at least, that’s what I imagine.
They’re gonna be about this crazy little kicking machine.
But before I squeeze this watermelon through the top of a coke bottle, I’m making the most of my list-writing time by creating and crossing things off my ‘Baby Bucket List.’
What is a Baby Bucket List?
For me a baby bucket list is all the ‘fun things’ I want to do before I’m responsible for baby. Most baby bucket list tutorials talk about taking exotic vacations and having that extra cocktail. I’m past those.
In comparison, my list has been a lot more humble. It’s made up of simple things like read a novel and watch the sunrise. It’s filled with hikes and donuts and girls’ dates. It includes a few wacky things like learning ‘The Git Up’ dance. And a few luxurious things like visiting Julie and Shandon in California.
But for the most part, it’s all about getting in as much quality time doing things that’ll be harder. It’s grown and changed since I first made it. It’ll probably have a few more additions and a few things that I don’t get to. And that’s okay. But boy has it been fun!
- Read a novel
- See Alice finish her half marathon in Vancouver (She’s a ROCKSTAR and crushed it, FYI)
- Hike Poo Poo Point (SO much fun. Thanks Mel!!!)
- Happy Hour at the Adana lounge
- Hike with Rachel Zupke (And Brenda Ulinski. What fun!)
- Hike down to Snoqualmie Falls
- Lunch date with Daddy
- Play HORSE with Garrett
- Have the house professionally cleaned (hello self-care!)
- Watch the sunrise
- Visit Julie (Totally a blast. Got to see her not once, but twice!)
- Get a Shandon hug (Her hugs are even better than I remembered ❤️❤️❤️)
- Get a library card
- Dessert date with Garrett at El Gaucho
- Donuts at Side Hustle Doughnuts
- Wear a ‘bump’ dress (First time was at a bachelorette party and I haven’t looked back sense. They’re so comfy!)
- Learn to do ‘The Git Up’
- Doughnuts at Raised Doughnuts
- Take a sunrise flight with Kenmore Air Express (almost made this happen…the flight scheduled changed, so I took the earliest flight I could with Mari — who is amazing.)
- Get a foot massage
- Organize my office storage closet
- Host a cookie-frosting party